Tom Petty is auctioning off his favorite car to raise money for the international medical humanitarian organization Doctors Without Boarders. Starting today, fans will have 10 days to bid on his beloved champagne-colored 1996 Jaguar XJS Convertible on eBay. “I have so many great memories associated with this car,” explains Petty. “When I began dating Dana (my wife), I asked her what her favorite car was. So, I phoned the office and said I wanted a champagne convertible Jaguar XJS. The next day, they delivered it to my house and showed me how everything worked and I took it for a drive down the Pacific Coast Highway. I was in heaven, as was Dana. This car has such an incredible design. My favorite car I ever owned. We sure are going to miss it.”
You Might Also Like...
- Enter for your chance to win an autographed Kansas drumhead and a deluxe CD copy of ‘The Prelude Implicit’
- Two New Prince Releases Coming Soon
- Sex Pistols’ Steve Jones to Release Autobiography
- ELO, Journey, Yes Rock Hall of Fame Nominees
- Dee Snider and Criss Angel Release New Music Video for “We’re Not Gonna Take It” to Help Cure Pediatric Cancer