Today the audio tracks from Queen’s epic Live Aid performance at Wembley Stadium (July, 1985) are being released for the first time ever as part of the soundtrack for the highly anticipated biopic Bohemian Rhapsody.
Alongside the show-stopping Live Aid performances of “Bohemian Rhapsody,” “Radio Ga Ga,” “Hammer To Fall” and “We Are The Champions,” the album features other rare live tracks spanning Queen’s entire career, new versions of old favourites, and a choice selection of the band’s finest studio recordings.
The 22 songs on the soundtrack were produced by Brian May and Roger Taylor and feature some of Queen’s biggest hits, including the eleven rock anthems that reached Number One around the world.
Bohemian Rhapsody is scheduled to have its World Premiere in the UK on October 23rd before opening across the world in early November. It stars Rami Malek as Freddie, Gwilym Lee as Brian May, Ben Hardy as Roger Taylor, Joe Mazzello as John Deacon, and Lucy Boynton as Freddie’s lifelong companion Mary Austin. The soundtrack, featuring all-original Queen recordings and vocals, is released on CD and digital formats from today.
Since the first trailer for the movie dropped back in May, Queen has shared a few other teaser clips from the upcoming movie including this scene where Rami Malek as Freddie Mercury is urging Ben Hardy’s Roger Taylor to sing “higher.”
And this clip, released two days ago, which shows Gwilym Lee as Brian May teaching the rest of the band the iconic beat of their 1977 hit ‘We Will Rock You’.
Lee tells Malek’s Freddie Mercury: “I want to give the audience a song that they can perform. Imagine thousands of people clapping in unison.”
Malek replies: “What’s the lyric?”
Queen also dropped a new video on their Facebook page today featuring interviews with the movie’s stars as well as Brian May and Roger Taylor. In the video Malek reflects on the trepidation they all felt taking on the roles, musing, “When you set out to play Queen, you think – How am I ever going to fill their shoes?”
Full track listing for Bohemian Rhapsody the original soundtrack:
1. 20th Century Fox Fanfare 0:25
2. Somebody To Love 4:56
3. Doing All Right… revisited (Performed by Smile) 3:17
4. Keep Yourself Alive (Live At The Rainbow) 3:56
5. Killer Queen 2:59
6. Fat Bottomed Girls (Live In Paris) 4:38
7. Bohemian Rhapsody 5:55
8. Now I’m Here (Live At Hammersmith Odeon) 4:26
9. Crazy Little Thing Called Love 2:43
10. Love Of My Life (Rock In Rio) 4:29
11. We Will Rock You (Movie Mix) 2:09
12. Another One Bites The Dust 3:35
13. I Want To Break Free 3:43
14. Under Pressure (Performed by Queen & David Bowie) 4:04
15. Who Wants To Live Forever 5:15
16. Bohemian Rhapsody (Live Aid) 2:28
17. Radio Ga Ga (Live Aid) 4:06
18. Ay-Oh (Live Aid) 0:41
19. Hammer To Fall (Live Aid) 4:04
20. We Are The Champions (Live Aid) 3:57
21. Don’t Stop Me Now… revisited 3:38
22. The Show Must Go On 4:32